In our live session today, we covered two algorithms for implementing recommendation feeds. Both these algorithms are quite versatile and can be used for the following questions:
- Design Amazon Product Recommendations
- Design Facebook News Feed Recommendations
- Design Amazon's "Users who bought X also bought Y" feature
- Design Twitter or TikTok Recommendations
- Design an Ads Ranking System
We went over Facebook's EdgeRank and Amazon's Item-to-Item collborative filtering. We discussed the different applications of these algorithms and talked about how to discuss these in an interview. Notes are attached below.
As usual, to get live access, please sign up for our trial at InterviewCamp.io